Maybe at this point of the year you are thinking about how to save to buy a car. Not surprisingly, we are at the gates of the holidays and many have realized that their current vehicle is not for too many jogs and that they urgently need to renew it. The truth is that it is not always easy to get that money and the accounts do not come out either.
For this reason, we have prepared this article where we provide you with the best tips to knead a small capital for this purpose.
Buy a vehicle before you need to have saved at least 20%
Keep in mind that to decide to buy a vehicle before you need to have saved at least 20% of the value of the car. Otherwise, if you do not have to pay the entrance, you will not be able to make the purchase.
Sometimes, it is possible to find specific promotions from manufacturers that offer interest-free financing. A tempting way to decide on the purchase, but that – unfortunately – is not usually very common. Another common formula is the f inancing of vehicles without input, which allows you to have the car immediately, although some consideration for a much higher monthly installments.
We also invite you to distrust the discount on the sale price offered by certain dealers if you choose to finance the purchase with them. It is possible that there was a cat locked up; that is, that the interests be considerable.
Do you want to know how to save to buy a car?
Stay tuned as we have compiled the best tips for you. In our loan comparator we are sure that if you follow them, you will be able to buy your desired car at an enviable price:
- Create a paid savings account where you go monthly allocating part of the savings needed to buy your new car. Keep in mind that there are accounts specially designed to carry out these types of goals. You just need to set a savings goal, a date on which you want to buy your car and plan the income.
- Find out about the existence of grants and subsidies such as the Efficient Vehicle Incentives Program (PIVE) . With it, the aim is to promote the renovation of the Spanish car fleet while improving efficiency, safety and reducing CO2 emissions. There is also a plan designed specifically for electric and hybrid vehicles (MOVES Program).
- What if you have to take out a loan? Experts recommend not requesting loans that exceed four years should be the maximum since this would imply a higher interest payment. Therefore, it is appropriate to stick to that period of time and not exceed it.
- When deciding what kind of car you need, do not get carried away by the momentum, nor be capricious. It is true that sometimes we get tricked by the aesthetics of a particular car that has nothing to do with what we really need. Remember, in addition, that a vehicle is acquired for a long period of time. Therefore, think about what you are going to use it for , what your needs will be in a few years and so you will not screw up with an inappropriate purchase. For example, it is likely that you do not have children now, but perhaps later on, and that vehicle that you now crave does not help you much.
- Certain times of the year are more appropriate than others when assessing the purchase of a new vehicle. You’re lucky. According to statistics in the middle of summer there are more chances of fishing for a good price since we are talking about a period of the year in which demand is scarce and the sector seeks to attract customers with the demand for offers.
- Try the car. Yes, drive it before you buy it . You would not be the first or the last one who after testing the car realizes that the experience of driving it has not been to his liking. Keep in mind that tastes differ from person to person and not everyone feels comfortable driving the same vehicles.
- When looking for candidates, do not lose sight of the cars of kilometer 0, nor those of second hand because they can be advantageous options.
- Dealers can offer the same car with small price differences that can be very tempting. Therefore, don’t settle for the first one and go on a pilgrimage for as many as possible.
- When you go to a dealership, don’t be overly excited about the vehicle in question. Be warm so that the seller is encouraged to offer you improvements in the conditions of purchase.
Take advantage of the possibilities of technology
A few years ago it was unthinkable, but now what is absolutely unthinkable is that someone starts to buy a car without first having collected information on the various comparators. Thus, one of these useful websites is Good Lender. This last portal is a successful tool that allows you to compare cars new from official dealers in Spain. Without a doubt, it greatly simplifies the task of searching and locating the best offers available and that we can, therefore, save to buy a car. Its operation is very simple. You just have to enter the data so that the system starts comparing among the best offers of more than 1,500 dealers. And all this in a few minutes!
In short, knowing how to save to buy a car is quite simple because it only requires planning and that we do not act rashly.